Sunday, August 1, 2010

I've started to pull small pieces of skin from my nails and hands at night! What's going on with me?

I'll have a hang nail or something and all of the sudden I'll turn it into a fresh wound it seems like. It's not bleeding but skin is missing and it's all red and tender. I do this at night and in the car while I'm driving or I'll just find myself picking at my hands and nails... What's going on with me?I've started to pull small pieces of skin from my nails and hands at night! What's going on with me?
Sounds like you are having anxiety issues. Talk to your doctor about it. I know you may think its not that big of a deal but the disorder can get worse with time if its not treated. I knew a girl that started out that way and did not get treated. She ended up chewing on her hand it got so bad. She had to have it bandaged and is permanently scarred from it. She also started picking her face all the time and that left scars too.I've started to pull small pieces of skin from my nails and hands at night! What's going on with me?
you could be stressed or nervous about something. it's obviously subconscious
It's a form of self-injury, albeit minor. It is borne of anxiety, and serves the purpose of distracting you from whatever else is stressing you. This might be a conscious or subconscious thing. Since it is affecting your physical health, I think it would be a good idea to see a doctor about getting some help for the anxiety. You could also try writing or drawing - these are other ways of ';getting it out'; so to speak, expressing your feelings in different ways so that your subconscious won't think it has to take it out on your body.
It could be caused by stress or anxiety.
it sounds like you are under alot of stress. go to the spa, and relax
Oh my lord!!!!! you're dead and rotting and you dont know it yet....poor thang you...
Leprosy?
u are a disfunctional maniac creature get help
YOU MAY BE STRESSED. YOU MAY BE DIABETIC. YOU MAY NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR. IN THE MEANTIME, STOP BITING AND PICKING AT YOUR FINGERS. FOCUS YOUR ATTENTION ON THE ROAD AND LISTEN TO MUSIC WHEN YOUR IN THE CAR. WHEN YOUR HOME TRY USING MITTENS OR GLOVES.
Don't panic...unless you're doing it cope with things. I do it too, usually when I'm reading or watching a good movie

No comments:

Post a Comment