Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Help. i just put on fake nails and i dont know if im distroying my hands/fingers! help please?

I just bought and put on glue on nails for the first time. they look good but ive got some problems. Firstly, i think i have glue all over my fingers....but ive got compulsive skin picking disorder....so ive been with tweezers trying to get the skin on the tips of my fingers glue free but im not sure if its glue or skin im picking at. also, i noticed underneath the fakes my nails look really bad...reeally soft and terrible. like u know if u cut a nail with a bad clipper and if ur nails really soft or weak it will end up looking sort of frayed at the tip and underneath, with bits of a softer layer of your nail sticking out. well thats how they look and im not sure if its weak nail or glue and i am scared ive messed them up big time. i dont want to take off the fakes becuase i know there will be glue all over the surface of my nails and im terrified of having to deal with that and seeing how horrible i may have made them.Help. i just put on fake nails and i dont know if im distroying my hands/fingers! help please?
thats normal and the glue does that to your skin its fine.Help. i just put on fake nails and i dont know if im distroying my hands/fingers! help please?
your dumb. you could as me I could help anything. I got voted as the preetiest girl in school and the popularest girl in school to. just e-mail me. christy129600@yahoo.com. you shouldnt have put the nails on anyways that was dumb if your nails arent really baddly damged you shuldnt put it on. only if it is really really bad.
It's common to make mistakes the first time, I've worn glue on nails many times. My first time didn't turn out too well either and I used a bit too much glue which left a lot of dried residue on my nails and under the fakes. It also made them hard to take off and ended up hurting my real nails. However it's normal to have some dried residue left over. If you leave them on for a few days they usually just pop off eventually from the rigours of everyday life and to get off the residue just buff your nails or dip in acetone for a while.
I would not worry too much. The glue is probably CyanoAcrylate and is water soluable, it will fall off on its own in a day. Glue getting everywhere is what happens when you do it for the first time. Be happy that you feel they look nice except under close scrutinization. The glue should not effect your nails otherwise, they don't need to breath because they are comprised of dead keratin just like your hair. Maybe next time go to a salon and pay attention to how they do it.








Christine L, you say SHE is dumb??? It is You're dumb, not your dumb. I would hate to be the Preetiest girl, so starved for attention she gives her email addy out but her avitar says she doesn't allow E Mail contact. Keep wishing you are pretty and popular, one day, you may even convince yourself.
I had those and now I have a permanet line down the middle of one nail and it splits into the quick and bleeds.it picks my dresses and my hose. i would love to have my normals nail back. but the so called profession ruined thast nail by introducing a fungus to my nail and the drug to cure it will damage my liver. stop with the fake nails. you can soak off the nails and the glue with acetone, they make a kind that removes fake nails.


buff your nails with a buffer to make them shine. wear gloves to stop with skin picking thing or take up sewing or someting to keep your hands busy. i assume your in counseling for this?
I would take them off. If you like having the strength of ';fake'; nails go see a professional nail salon and ask them to put on silk wraps or acrylics for you. It'll be more money but worth it because there will be nothing to pick off your skin. With fake nails you are supposed to take them off after a week or so. If you have ANY moisture trapped under those fake nails you will get nail mold and if it gets bad.. well i'll let you picture that one! I would invest your money on having a professional do your nails sweetie.
if you feel that you could be damaging your nails than you should remove them immediately before you get an infection
well, i am a compusive nail biter and always wear fake nails. the super glue on your fingers will come off soon, and the glue isn't damaging to your nails, after the fake nail comes off, how your finger and nail seems moist and weak afterwards is caused by lack of air (like when you have a bandaid on too long and take it off. After the finger gets some air that weakness will go away after about 30 min. The only thing thats really bad is pulling it off right after you put it on. After wearing them for about 2 days, (saying as you've taken 2 hot showers) they should come off easily, the same for the glue, just make your hands really hot, doing dishes is another good way. A good way to put them on without a mess is to put a couple drops on the real nail, then push the fake nail on for about 4 seconds, and quickly wipe the excess glue(if any) out of the corners of your nail. Your nails arent going to be damaged, worst case scenario if you don't feel like picking the dried glue off once u remove the nail, just give it a few days , or hell just nibble it off if your a nailbiter
Oh my dear, it is only nail glue. It shouldn't do any major damage to your natural nails,. especially if you only recently put them on. Go to the store and buy a block buffer, take your nails off, and GENTLY buff your nails with the buffer. This should remove any glue residue. And stop picking....lol. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment