Saturday, August 21, 2010

How can I do fretboard tapping on my elec. guitar if my picking hand has long nails (for classical)?

I play fingerstyle and classical guitar, but also electric. I have to grow my nails long for classical guitar, and I don't want to use fake nails (it doesn't work very well and my technique would have to be changed). When I play electric, I can do simple one-finger tapping by angling my finger so the nail is out of the way, but it isn't as articulate because I can't use the tip of my finger. Multiple-finger tapping is pretty much impossible, I've tried but I just can't get the sound out because I have to change the position of my fingers so much.





Is there any way to get aroung this?How can I do fretboard tapping on my elec. guitar if my picking hand has long nails (for classical)?
Sorry, but if you want to play guitar, especially classical, at all well,


those left hand nails 'gotta go'.


By the way, it's commonly called ';hammering on';.

No comments:

Post a Comment