Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Can i play classical guitar with acrylic nails? (on my picking hand)?

i play electric guitar but i am also tr yin to learn classical guitar (which you have to pick with your fingernails) but the problem is that i have very thin fingernails that will not grow long enough fo me to pick with, so if i were to get fake nails put on my picking hand and then get them properly shaped could i use them to pick With or would they just be a hindrance in anyway? (by the way im a girl)Can i play classical guitar with acrylic nails? (on my picking hand)?
Once you begin using artificial, acrylic nails your natural nails will tend to grow weaker and thinner through time. Try to strengthen the natural nails through a good diet, vitamin C, and use a hair rinse loaded with collagen.





As they begin to grow energize them with a nail file, but gently, removing very little of the nail. Simply shape them and this process helps the nails to grow.





I use all my nails in fingerstyle picking on regular steel-stringed acoustics and they do well. When one of them breaks I immediately file and reshape the culprit, keep the cuticle pressed back, and baby it for a while.Can i play classical guitar with acrylic nails? (on my picking hand)?
Thank you for selecting my reply as best. I wish success in your venture and joys in happy picking.

Report Abuse



I would recommend getting some finger picks. They cost a little bit, but a good set can last for years. Then if the guitar lessons fall through you can always use them to dress up as Catwoman.
Just imagine the nails as extensions to your fingers. Make them a part of your body, even if they are fake.








lol
no dont use those


go down to your local music store and pick yourself up some nice plastic or even metal finger picks.
probably not they probably will break!

No comments:

Post a Comment