Saturday, August 21, 2010

What causes dried cracked skin on hands and feet along with cracked nails?

I'm 65 years old and have cracks in the skin on my hands and feet. My nails are also cracked and some are deformed. If anybody can give me some ideas and what causes this I would appreciate it. It has ruined my favorite hobby of playing golf.What causes dried cracked skin on hands and feet along with cracked nails?
Do you have any blood preassure problems? i have something call rynoilds phenonom and at first was started with craked dry skin that almost felt like i had a splinter in there and the more i tried to get it out the more it hurt also my nails were growing funny and discolored When i went to the doctor he said was rynoilds phenonom He stated that the craked and dryness was from tiny blood vesels in my hands not getting enough blood flow to them and put me on a nitro cream once u put that on ur hands u can feel the blood flowing to your fingers and another sign of this is if ur hands get cold very easily and turn white at the slighest temp dropWhat causes dried cracked skin on hands and feet along with cracked nails?
I don't know about the cracked nails. Perhaps you should ask your doctor about that.





But for the feet and hands, one cause could be too much water, such as if you kept your hands in water a lot. If you wash dishes a lot you can get dry cracked hands. Of course you don't wash dishes with your feet, although if you do I expect to see you on David Letterman or some such, so I'm not sure what cause that or the extent of your problem there.





For either hands or feet, try the Gold Bond products for very dry skin. They are great.





Also, I'd suggest moisturizing your feet as much as possible. Use a petroleum based product like vaseline and rub into your feet ~ careful if you have deep cracks as you don't want to get an infection ~ then wear a pair of socks. I do this about once or twice a week when I go to sleep. The vaseline makes my feet soft as all get out.





Good luck to you.
  • matte lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment