Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My hands are so dry and I hate having hang nails?

Please help me.....My hands get so dry and I hate the feeling of it. My fingers are constantly in my mouth because of it. I have really bad hang nails and I never have long fingernails. How can I stop biting my nails and getting hangnails? Also why are my hands always so dry? What do I do to stop my hands from getting so dry?My hands are so dry and I hate having hang nails?
cuticle oil and lotion. :)My hands are so dry and I hate having hang nails?
get you a good lotion for the dryness. Eucerin is a good lotion for it. Also, to stop bitting the nails....I just had to do the same thing. What worked for me was keeping a nail file in my purse so if one chips I can just file it down instead of bitting it off. Also I kept that clear polish on them that makes nails stronger. It takes a lot of will power but youcan do it!
cuticle oil will take care of the hang nails. it's winter, my hands are a mess too. biting your nails is another issue.
use any hand lotion that you want, but be sure to use it plenty of times a day. use a moisturising hand wash to wash your hands--- avoid using soap. they tend to dry out your skin.


also, for your nails, try dipping your hands in olive oil. that should give you a head start. slowly, move on to using cuticle oil.


also, keep a watch on your diet. make sure you get plenty od calcium. it'll keep your nails strong and healthy!


hope this helps!!!
First, exfoliate your hands once a day with a hand-formulated exfoliator. They have one at Bath and Body Works called 60 second Spa..or something like that. Or, you can just mix sugar with baby oil and massage into your hands for 60 seconds. Once your hands are dry, use a good moisturizing lotion (i like Vaseline Healthy Hands %26amp; Nails hand lotion). Your hands will feel great because they are receiving moisture from the baby oil and the lotion.


This really works. Good luck!
Clip your hangs nails, try not to bite them. I'm going through the same thing. Before bed put a good lotion on them like cetaphil, or Vaseline ( my favorite ). This may sound weird, but put socks over them. It will lock in moisture, and avoid getting lotion everywhere.


Good Luck.
You have to use thick lotion, like cocoa butter or something. And this is wierd, but try to only put it on your knuckles and rub from there - I have the same problem and cocoa butter works great ,but if I put it all over my hands my palms look shiny and greasy - yuck! The cocoa butter will help if you rub it around your cuticles too. If it gets REALLY bad, then put petroleum jelly all over your hands and cover them with socks and sleep like that. It's kind of lame but I do it sometimes =) You take off the sock in the morning and your hands are so soft!

No comments:

Post a Comment