Sunday, August 1, 2010

How do I get hair dye off my hands and nails? I didn't wear any gloves when dying my hair :s?

You could try bleach but it is really hard on your hands. I work at Dairy Queen and the Mr. Misty flavoring is very hard to get off your hands with soap and water and bleach works for that. If you do decide to use bleach just use lots of lotion too. Good luck.How do I get hair dye off my hands and nails? I didn't wear any gloves when dying my hair :s?
yep, i know have green hands and green forehead and neck, forgot to USE GLOVES AND VASELINE or similar and old towel as was in hurry, but now look like a freaked out hippy gardener...





will try somk e of the things suggested here and report here, but some of those chemicals mentioned are just NOT ON

Report Abuse


How do I get hair dye off my hands and nails? I didn't wear any gloves when dying my hair :s?
have you got ant hair dye left? if so mix some more put it on your hand and then rinse off when wet. Failing that neutralising lotion (used in perms) gets it off. Some beauty shops sell a blubbling cleanser used for false nails which may also do the trick
pure acetone nail polish remover
nail varnish remover or acetone
Lemon juice... it's good for most stains.
COLOUR BRINGS OFF COLOUR SO MIX SOME UP AND RUB AND WASH, NEXT TIME YOU DYE HAIR IF YOU INSIST ON NOT WEARING GLOVES PUT NAIL POLISH ON FIRST THEN REMOVE THE NAIL POLISH AFTERWARDS.


ALSO PUT A BARRIER CREAM SUCH AS VASALINE ON YOUR HANDS TOO TO TRY TO STOP THE CHEMICALS ENTERING YOUR SKIN


IF YOU COLOUR YOUR HAIR A LOT TYR TO WEAR GLOVES BECAUSE ALL THE CHEMICALS ARE ENTERING YOUR PORES AND DAMAGING YOUR SKIN TOO


P.S I AM A HAIRDRESSER
Please DONT use Bleach, It is a Poison, it seeps through your skin and into your blood system. I never ever use harsh chemicals on my skin, it is dangerous and you will feel the effects of it in the years to come if you do it often. Just think what bleach does to something when you pour some on it, it burns like acid. Treat your body like a temple and take care of it. Just use soap and water and the dye will fade within a couple of days. sorry to be so harsh but alot of people don't realise how bad most of our home cleaning products really are. Take care.
why don;t you use gloves?? they come with the product


just keep washing them with soap %26amp; water it will come off
I had the same problem a few weeks ago after i had dyed my daughter's hair .I used gloves but i managed to get it on a couple of finger nails. I tried nail polish remover, thinners (used to thin car paint) Jiff cream cleaner, white spirit, and nothing worked . My nails were black for weeks and eventually it faded more and more and as my nails grew i cut off the black bits. Good luck ,I hope you find something which will remove it.
like a lot say, acetone nail polish remover. But afterwards, use some baby oil. it will take some dye off %26amp; rehydrate your hands.
maybe it could be used as a gauge of as your hands fade so is your hair colour dont knock it it could be an alltime simple idea
Try vinegar
lt will wash off on it's own in a few days
try vinegar or rubbing alcohol
they do a special wipe thing especially for that,saw one in boots today and also in sainsburys.
lemon juice and salt on wet cotton wool
I do this ALL THE TIME----when you use a LIGHT color, it just makes your hands look coated in paste---which is kinda funny, but the darker colors----well that's just not right! LOL, I typically either use a body scrub product to SCRUB the skin, or make my own with water and sugar. for the nail area, try nail polish remover, I know that sounds crazy---but it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment